SSL Forum
#1 Biography - Printable Version

+- SSL Forum (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Career Point Tasks (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: #1 Biography (/showthread.php?tid=224)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Duilio05 - 2022-12-29

Tamanna grew up playing a lot of different sports. He tried little league baseball, junior high basketball, a little flag football. Heck he even enjoyed swimming laps trying to get faster and faster. The sport he preferred the most was and always is soccer. in younger rec leagues he was shuffled all over the field from season to season. played a little bit of center mid. one season coach had him up front as the team's sticker. Even played keeper for a bit. However he preferred being a center defensive midfielder. He felt it game him the best visual of the entire field to determine where he need to position himself for defense, but more importantly where to pass the ball. He loved sending it to sideline allowing the attacking winger to cross back into the middle. Or maybe a long ball over the top to allow the from sticker to run up to it. His decision making to decide where and what type of pass is what allowed Tamanna to be a highly respectable college player, earning several player of the week awards and even making AP First team one year. He fondly remember his 3rd season when the team made the national playoffs and made it to the final. Unfortunatly the team lost on a stoppage time goal. however the feeling how proud his family and college town was of the team for making it that far inspired Tamanna to keep playing after college. He hopes one day the welcome home parade will be a victory parade instead. Tamanna got to play a few seasons in major league soccer as an undrafted free agent with Seattle's practice squad. He was eventually sold to a team in brazil where he a the town star. however he still hasn't gotten any closer to reaching a league championship. Now in his first season at Accra he hopes to help put together a team that can achieve everything that he hasn't been able to yet. It will be a few seasons, but Tamanna is excited for his new teammates and the bright promises the next draft may bring to the team.<br><br><span style='color:blue'><b>APPROVED</b></span>

- tez - 2023-01-16

Brazil has long been a force of the footballing world, with countless world class players hailing from the South American nation which has won five World Cup titles – the most of any country. Whether it be legends like Pelé, more recent stars like Neymar Jr., or the recent generation of Brazilians making their mark on the globally contested Simulation Soccer League, the nation continues to produce some of the very top players in the sport.<br><br>Guilherme Guerra hopes to be the next name on the long list of Brazilian wonderkids to achieve greatness at the professional level.<br><br>A native of Guarulhos, a city of just over one million people in the state of São Paulo, Guerra grew up with a football at his feet. Inspired by other Guarulhense footballers, including David Braz and Gabriel Martinelli, Guerra took to the sport naturally and became obsessed from a very young age. Training became more important than studying, or even eating, as Guerra was constantly on the pitch or in the street working on his game.<br><br>Guerra joined Sporting Club Corinthians Paulista, known as Corinthians, as a school-aged boy after being spotted playing in local games. Guerra has worked his way through the ranks of the Corinthians academy, recently featuring for the under 20s side with a spell for the under 23s looking likely despite Guerra’s age of just 17.<br> <br>Competing in the Campeonato Brasileiro Sub-20 for Corinthians this year, Guerra has been turning heads. While he has been tried at various positions in the attack and even as a right wingback at times, Guerra has found a home as a right winger, and has made the spot his own. With a deadly combination of pace and dribbling ability, Guerra looks likely to lead Corinthians to their second Sub-20 championships and, potentially, a Copa Sao Paulo de Futebol Junior victory as well.<br><br>With his eyes now firmly on joining an SSL club in the near future, Guerra hopes to join the likes of Deco, Willian, and Marquinhos as one of the very best to come out of the Corinthians academy. With each passing day, the likelihood of that dream coming true looks increasingly likely for Guerra, with the SSL Draft quickly approaching.<br><br><span style='color:blue'><b>APPROVED</b></span>

- SDCore - 2023-01-22

Born in Chicago to and Irish Dad and an American mother, Gunnar was named after one of his dad's best friends. Both Corey Kennedy, father, and Gunnar Soderberg played Ice Hockey in the Simulation Hockey League together for the Chicago Syndicate. Gunnar Kennedy is the child of Corey Kennedy and was named after one of his best friends and long time teammate Gunnar Soderberg, who is also Gunnars godfather.<br><br>Growing up in Chicago playing both Soccer and Ice Hockey, Gunnar was always interested in both sports. His father, Corey, always encouraged him to do whatever he felt was best and gave him the best coaches and trainers. Gunnar found it a lot more freeing to be on the pitch than the rink, so at the age of 14 decided once and for all to play soccer. This got him recognition as he joined the US Under 15s that year. Playing for the Chicago Fire Development team and the USNT development roster was key to his success early. At the age of 15 however Gunnar got an invite to join one of the premier football developmental leagues in Germany. Having dual citizenship with Ireland and the US, the move to Germany, being in the EU, was really easy. The toughest thing was learning the language. <br><br>Learning the German way of football was big for Gunnar's growth in the game. He always played a right midfield game, but his speed allowed him to learn the ways of an attacking and push the place style of play. Currently at the end of his run in the German developmental league and at the age of 17, Kennedy is ready to make the leap towards professional football and is excited to join the SSL draft. Open to traveling and playing anywhere is really big for Kennedy as he is just looking to get onto the pitch and play some soccer. <br><br>His goals are to play long-term in the league and hopefully also get to play for his country in a big tournament. Kennedy has a workhorse attitude and professional athlete poise and pedigree. Gunnar Kennedy is going to be a star, so the league better watch out.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- Myspace - 2023-01-24

Born in the southernmost port of China, Fangchenggang, Princess Changshan lived a sheltered and protected life as a child. Her parents, descendent from a noble line of rulers from a prior dynasty of China, respected the traditional ways and wanted to raise their daughter the same way a noble woman would have been raised hundreds of years in the past. Her parents referred to her only as &quot;Princess&quot; and constantly catered to her whims, giving her an incredible ego.<br><br>While sitting in her room one day, she saw other children in the prefecture from her window playing a game of soccer. She found it particularly intriguing and asked her parents to fetch her a collection of famous matches and videos of the sport. Without much else to do, she spent her time consuming this footage religiously - constructing in her head an optimal way of playing and controlling the game from the center of the pitch without ever actually playing in a match herself.<br><br>From there, while her parents were reluctant, on her request they sought out a few coaches in the prefecture to teach the Princess individually. Unfortunately, most coaches couldn't handle her attitude and general haughtiness, but one in particular was able to connect with her, who had previously played in the midfield for the Chinese National Team. He thought the Princess had a lot of potential as a youth, and taught her his techniques steadily for a few years.<br><br>He played as what he described as a Segundo Volante, and eagerly taught these principles to Princess Changshan in an effort to pass down a role that many might consider as an unusual type to see on the playing field. The best way to control the game is to do a bit of everything, and that's what Princess Changshan would excel at.<br><br>Unfortunately during this time, Princess Changshan would fail to grow at all, remaining quite short. Undeterred, she would progressively modify her training around heading and aerial control - determined to still be able to make an impact whenever she would actually get to play a game.<br><br>And eventually, that time would come, when her parents would secretly submit footage of her to the SSL and enter her in the draft as a Chinese representative. Part of being a traditional Chinese princess is diplomatic responsibilities, and so they chose to leverage Princess Changshan's new hobby in that direction. She would eagerly accept the invitation, looking forward to testing her abilities in a real game and working with a real coach.<br><br><!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->421<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- Dragons Maw - 2023-02-06

Danny Paul was the son of a Football Manager (see what I did there, eh, eh?? I'll see myself out...). Starting play in a local team in Aberdeen, Scotland, previously managed by his father, it was shown the boy had serious promise. He was pulled up to his fathers team in a national level league at a very young age, and again impressed in the youth setup. The goal scoring was always there, and a willingness to shape himself to the needs of a squad, rather than seeking individual glory set him apart from peers.<br><br>By his later teenage years, he'd broken through to the first team. After a rough first season adjusting to the physicality of a full professional schedule, he settled in and became a solid play maker initially. It was at this point he really began to struggle with the media, and the implication he kept his place because of who his father was. Many pundits and fans had expected to see the same goal scorer they'd seen from his youth. It didn't matter that his role had changed, and he was playing to the expectation of the teams needs, the perception had become set that Danny was there to score goals, and anything less was unacceptable.<br><br>This inevitably led to a further decline in his play, as the pressure mounted, and he began trying to force the game, rather than just playing. It got worse as rumors began to circulate of friction in the locker room, both between teammates who felt he wasn't playing for the team anymore, and between his manager and himself. After another couple of seasons, it became clear to all parties involved, that it was well time for a change. Publicaly, it was spun as a mutual agreement for a change of venue, but the reality was Danny felt it was time to step outside his father's shadow, and prove he was in fact good enough on his own.<br><br>This brings us to to the draft into the SSL, with an old friend he'd known before bringing him to Seoul. And arguably most importantly for Danny, a chance to prove himself on a new stage. <br><br>(352 words, not counting the joke)<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- Datboi69 - 2023-02-07

<!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1--> Words 315<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br>No one knows quite where Rob Tucker is from. He refuses to talk about his early life with others. He has shared his age as he was forced too but he absolutely refuses to talk about his childhood. The earliest public record of Rob is when he was 14 and playing soccer professionally in China. How he ended up in China is anyone's guess. The most popular theory is that he was born in Russia then traveled down to china. But this contradicts with his rumored family as they have lived in Spain for hundreds of years. What we do know though is that rob is huge. Standing 7 feet tall weighing over 350 pounds Rob is a mammoth. Unlike standard people of his size though he is lighting. One of the fastest players in the entire world. He uses this size and speed combo to devour his opponents on the field. One Day after destroying a team in the China league he was given the nickname purple lighting cause he was so fast all you could see was the trail of his purple jersey. After dominating the Chinese league Rob was getting interest from clubs all over the world. But because he was only 16 at the time he couldn't play at the highest level. Rob decided then that instead of just running back with the same team he was going to try and win as many titles as he could. He then spent the next 2 years bouncing from club to club taking them to title after title. When he turned 18 he decided wanted to win a title with the top players in the world and entered the ssl draft. Where he would then be selected 8th overall by adwoa accura FC. Now Rob looks to win the division 2 crown before swiftly taking the division 1 crown and becoming a ssl legend.<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- McGriddy10 - 2023-02-09

I was waiting at the airport waiting for my flight to the United States to become a top prospect in the SSL, when all of a sudden, my flight was canceled. So I said to myself. &quot;Lionel, you can stay in Argentina and still be a top prospect.<br>I didn't think twice about it. The Universe aligned and said &quot;No need to leave home to be a great soccer player.<br>Along the way back home from the airport, I met a scout/GM, Mikko Rashford, who happened to be in Argentina to scout me and my teammates. He asked me if I was Lionel Messi. I emphatically responded, &quot;Yes Sir, I am Lionel Messi&quot;. He then said &quot;I'm here to scout you and your teammates, but you mainly. My scouts have told me that you are a generational talent that any team would be lucky to have.&quot; I instantly knew that I would be a starter the moment I joined the SSL as a prospect. I had worked all my life for this feeling and I got it, and will not stop until I'm at the top of the league. You have to be fast, and have great soccer IQ, and overall team skills. Mikko knew that I was an instant fit for his team but he has to wait for the waiver wire to be able to claim me. I told him that I was so pumped to be able to join the premier league of soccer and I would play for any team that wants me. Next thing I knew, my agent tells me that every SSL GM is waiting to contact me to see if I want to play for them. I start calling each GM one by one and the only other team that answered me was SparkyDee. Sparky knew that I would be an awesome addition to his team. Ironically enough, Sparky is ahead of Mikko in waiver priority. This is an intense battle I'd love to see.<br><br>331 Words<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- y2bobman - 2023-02-10

Tyson Núñez was born and raised in the small coasal village of Sambo Creek on the northnern coast of Honduras. He is three minutes younger than brother Milton and the twins spent their childhood together kicking a ball around wherever and whenever they could. Playing soccer was everything to Tyson; he dreamed of one day sprinting out onto the field at Estadio Humberto Micheletti in front of all of his school friends and espaecially his mother. And of course, with his brother by his side.<br><br>By the age of nine their love of the game had continued to grow and as a treat their father drove the Núñez brothers to La Ceiba to watch local team CD Victoria La Ceiba in action. This first trip to watch a professional game was yet another confirmation for Tyson and his brother; they wanted to do all they could to become soccer players. After the game the twins stayed back and managed to meet some of the players before they boarded their team coach. One of the teams players, local star and aging Honduran International Milton Núñez gave the boys each a pair of shinpads to take home. It was the first time the boys had had their own football equipment in all the years of playing - they didn't even own a pair of football boots.<br><br>Now it is well documented that the signing of the Núñez twins to Deportivo España was fortunate, with the scouts car breaking down by the side of the road next to the dusty pitch they were playing on. Rumours circulated at the time that their uncle had been involved in tampering with the scouts car brakes after speaking to him at a local gas station but no case was ever taken to court. With contracts signed to play in the academy the twins said their goodbyes to family and friends before jumping on the coach for the long journey ahead.<br><br><!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->324<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- slothfacekilla - 2023-02-16

Edwin van der Sloth grew up in the Netherlands playing soccer long before he joined the SSL. Growing up in Leiden, which is a university type town, he came in contact with a lot of exchange students so that is why Edwin calls it soccer. Deal with it. Since van der Sloth did grow up in a university town he grew up playing soccer down at the school fields with and against older students. So he learned how to play tough early on, but he also learned how to pass the ball to people who were much better or much bigger than him.<br><br>This allowed him to greatly develop his team game and that is what Edwin really credits for his making the SSL in adulthood. It also allowed him to climb up the ranks in the Netherlands, playing for his country's youth national teams all through his childhood. Edwin was able to play with some of the best young Dutch soccer players growing up so he really was in a good position to join the SSL and flourish a little bit.<br><br>Edwin was never the biggest goal scorer growing up oddly enough, possibly stemming from playing with older players but also he may have just needed the SSL experience to let his offense grow. So it was no surprise that he would eventually have to work his way up into the SSL's top division despite having achieved a little success at the youth level. Edwin credits his parents for keeping him focused on his task of making the professional soccer ranks and is very glad that he stuck with soccer. It has been quite a journey with Buenos Aires, in a different country, making our way back to the top division of the league. But Edwin was really lucky to have the childhood he had growing up because it really gave him a leg up into the world of professional sports. Now he tries to give back to other kids growing up in Leiden with sporting scholarships to the local schools.<br><br>342 words<br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>

- sonicgmail - 2023-02-18

Ever since he was little, Moe Delo had a talent for kicking balls. Growing up around the great city of Aguascalientes, Mexico allowed Delo to nurture this talent into a passion. In grade school, when he hadn’t yet hit a growth spurt, he would defend himself from the bigger bullies by kicking them in the nuts. And in high school, having hit puberty and gaining height, he began to bully others by kicking them in the nuts. With fierce curl and precision, he had his ball kicking technic down pat.<br><br>Of course, like many other Mexican youth, he looked to put his skill to practical use. No, not by playing footy, but rather by swindling unsuspecting tourists. One time, when Moe Delo was just a little boy, the Delo family faced a tough situation: Padre Delo, a utility pole worker, fell off a pole while at work and got injured. While the breadwinner recovered, Moe Delo had to help provide. He took to the streets, impressing touristy Americans by juggling soccer balls for tips. When he grew out of being a cute little kid, this gimmick turned into challenging the tourists to try to steal the ball from him. When he became a teenager, having lost all the empathy you would give to a little kid, he just started kicking people in the nuts and robbing them.<br><br>Padre Delo had recovered by then, so this was just an extra source of income to Moe. But it turns out robbing folks isn’t a secure method of generating funds. Now out of high school and an adult, Delo needed a job. Unfortunately for him, the local circus just filled their quota of ball-kicking clowns, so Delo had to come up with something else.<br>“What other professions deal with kicking balls?” he thought to himself. He pondered for a few days – and then it hit him. “Of course!” he thought, “a footballer!”<br><br>And so he had decided. <br><!--c1--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='CODE-WRAP'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->324 words<!--c2--></td></tr></table><!--ec2--><br><br><b><span style='color:blue'>APPROVED</span></b>