SSL Forum
AS Paris SSL Introduction - Printable Version

+- SSL Forum (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Capped Point Tasks (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Forum: Articles (https://forum.simulationsoccer.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: AS Paris SSL Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=1521)

Pages: 1 2

- SteveAiva - 2022-05-19

Hello everyone! Thank you for attending the reveal of the new expansion team for the Simulation Soccer League! My name is Steve and some weeks ago, I was proudly selected to be the manager of one of the two teams that have recently joined the league. Without further to do, let's kick the branding reveal with...

THE TEAM NAME
We all know that only big markets get expansion teams. As a European, I felt like I need to choose a Europe team to follow the path. But Steve, the league has a lot of European markets, wouldn't it be a lot to have another one? Yap yap yap I don't care. Many cities flew by(well except those in Italy), and with the board, the decision was made.

user posted image

The city of lights, the city of love, Paris. One of the most beautiful cities in the entirety of Europe. How can you not fall in love with Paris and how can you not fall in love in Paris? And that's how Association Sportive de Paris was born. Bienvenue à Paris!

And we move on with...

THE BADGE/THE COLORS
With the magic hands of the amazing @solas we tried to make a branding that is distinctive from what we already know about Paris, starting with the badge. We tried to not take the Eiffer Tower for our badge and to think of another landmark. Our memory ran back to the end of the 19th century, to a landmark that was built to honor those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, containing the names of the people who died as well as all the won wars. The name of it? Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile. Along with it, we had to decide the colors, and this process was easy as we took the colors of the flag of Paris and altered them to fit into the badge aesthetically better. For history to be made, it needs history. Presenting, in front of your eyes, the AS Paris badge...

user posted image

Following on with...

THE KITS
With the help of KitBasher and @Thunder39, we decided to go with the following 3 kits.

The home kit is a plain striped kit, following the colors of the flag and the badge, along with some red shorts and blue socks. It screams Paris/France all the way from everywhere in the world.

user posted image

For the away kit, I decided to add a splash of white, since it goes very well with the blue and red, as well as 2 stripes in the left side. Very plain, but it's like art, and art defines Paris.

user posted image

The third kit is where all my creativity went in. I sat in my office thinking "what are three colors and things that define Paris". The ideas clicked through my mind like in cartoons where the main character gets the light bulb idea but multiply that by a lot. Paris is well known for its' beautiful sunsets, that sun that falls perfectly with the Eiffel Tower and gives the whole city a beautiful orange look. Paris is also known for loving the nature and having parks/forests/trees throughout the whole city, making animals love it even more and having green conquer the city. To end, Paris is run by Seine, a beautiful river that flows right through Paris and makes it a great place for picnics, recreation, inspiration for artists and lovely boat rides. Those three colors combined into our third kit, which is gonna be used for our Cup games!

user posted image

Last but not least...

THE STADIUM

"Stade des rêves"

Stade des rêves or Stadium of Dreams is what the name says. The place where our dreams will be born and established and achieved. The place that will hold every success of ours. The place that is gonna make us believe. Believe in AS Paris. The place that will be the fear of the oppponents...

To summarize, I would like to thank @Canadice and @RashfordU for giving me a chance to show my managerial skills as well as @solas, @[Thunder36] and @Drokeep for helping with the brainstorming and the graphics! Let's have a great inaugural season and Allons Paris!

- RashfordU - 2022-05-19

Absolutely fire branding! Let’s gooooo!

- Thunder39 - 2022-05-19

Solas knocked this out of the park! Welcome to the league Paris!

- WildfireMicro - 2022-05-19

Ahh that's hot

- slothfacekilla - 2022-05-19

Love everything about this, well done all around.

- Aneeqs - 2022-05-19

My guy's popping off //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif LFG gonna be fun matching up with you guys

- Hoovuh - 2022-05-19

Looks great! Great inspiration and execution for that third kit!

- HalfEatenOnionBagel - 2022-05-19

Great choice for manager and great branding! A home run (wrong sport I know I know)

- omniscius - 2022-05-19

Absolutely excited to shit on Paris irl and in sim leagues now! Honestly though, I'm super excited to see what you do with your squad and tactics. Will be interesting to see

- High Stick King - 2022-05-20

This is some amazing branding. Those away kits are top notch. Great addition!