Forum Clock: 2024-07-11 16:31 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogwood Makes the Move
After much thought and consideration, Dogwood Maple has decided to join the Simulation Soccer League and try his talents at the world's game. Maple, a striker, grew up in Atlanta, Georgia and was a star for Midtown High School's soccer team. He led them to multiple region titles and won the state championship his senior season. After high school, he thought about hanging up the cleats, but realized that he still had more soccer in him.

"I knew that I wasn't ready to give up on soccer completely. I didn't have much interest from programs either domestically or internationally, so I just sort of figured that was it for me. Then, I found out about SSL and thought this could be my chance to continue my career. When I heard that some teams might be looking for players, I was all in. I got all my gear out of storage and immediately went to work on getting back in shape and making sure I was on top of my game."

When asked about what type of career he was aiming for in SSL, he wasn't shy.

"I want to be a Hall of Famer, plain and simple. I didn't come out of semi-retirement to just be an average player."

And true to his word, Maple has been seen around various training facilities working out, running, and participating in drills with some reserve squads.

"I'm just fortunate that some teams have allowed me to join them for practice. I've been in desperate need of agility drills and have to get my touch back. That's something that's so crucial to my game that I have to make sure I'm ready to contribute immediately once I'm picked up by a team. I definitely don't want to have to ride the bench for the first few weeks because I didn't work hard enough in the offseason. My plan is to be ready from day one. Gotta start fast if you want to make a name for yourself in this league!"

CODE
336 words