Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 02:15 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Anew With An Old Face!
Y'know, after investing a lot of time in an old, now-defunct Grassroots Soccer League, I thought I was done with the very notion of a sim soccer league. I joined the SSL Discord several months ago – even before this sim league had its official opening, just out of curiosity – and left it muted for just about that entire time. I wasn't ready to be hurt by a new, burgeoning sim league in a sport I cared so much about – AW13 and so many others on this site know this pain all too well.

But after dominating the old sim league as a defender, I wanted to do something (sort of) similar. It'll be the same old name – one Sydney Ramirez from Cartagena, Colombia – with a slightly different, probably more demanding position in defensive midfielder. And I know the league is flush with DMids, so I fully expect to sit on the bench for a little while, even with the league's recent, exciting news of (yet another) expansion this season with a correspondingly exciting draft. A brand-spankin'-new 350 TPE player isn't going to get much playing time even if I somehow manage to miraculously earn another 50 or 70 TPE before Sydney plays her first game. But hey, that's the expectation I set for my player when choosing to wait a few seasons for the league to flesh itself out.

I know my late entry into this league means I'll be way behind, and I don't expect to be anyone's priority. Heck, I probably won't be truly relevant in the league until players from S1 and S2 start regressing and retiring. But I'm ready to fill a niche and put the work in for whatever team is willing to offer me a chance!

Seeing as I just joined the league like 30 minutes ago… how, exactly, does the draft work? Heck, is there a similar draft in real life soccer? Is anyone else as clueless about the sports they join a sim league for as I am?
[336]
[Image: 8jEzRiQ.png]