Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 01:12 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first year in a nutshell
Me, Tyler Helman, never considered myself at the level to be taken by the amazing club Athenai F.C. It is a great honor to play for a club of that level, and well I feel that I garnered the respect of my peers and coaches. I would like to thank coach Canadice for placing so much faith in me, that even though it did not result in wins, It changed the whole outlook of my career. As a central attacking midfielder, I spent this 1st year, trying to be the man that creates attacks, that makes the plays and creates goals. Even though our team had a lack of success in my time, I had success playing with such amazing and talented players. After a few games, playing solid. It was time for the Expansion draft. Of course, I wasn't protected, and there was no reason to protect me. I had no significant worries, we only had 7 protections, and although I was going to miss my teammates that left, I never was worried for myself. I had not developed into any sort of star yet, and I don't think that I ever worried about getting taken. That happened, I was drafted, Drafted 14th. I had no clear emotions towards getting drafted, at first I was honored to be picked before many talented players, I do truly hope we can have success, and that I can be part of it. Although, even days later, I still until now do miss Athenai, the coaching, the teammates, the talent I got to play with. But who knows? Everything happens for a reason, and I for sure am gonna continue working to my goal of being the best in the world. Good luck to the team and now that I'm back good luck to paris. SIUUUUU