Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 00:43 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Draper Arrives
I wasn't sure how to introduce myself. I had a survey filled out, like one of those old Myspace surveys people used to do, but none of the questions were very good. I figure honesty is the best thing here so I'll just let everyone know what I'm about. When I was a kid I wanted nothing more than to play this game for a living. Along the way I kind of lost that dream. It happens as we get older I suppose, dreams tend to be more...grounded. But I rediscovered that fire recently and played in a few amateur games. Turns out that I still have that desire and I'm not half bad. I was sitting there over the holiday and thought that I might just make a real go of it. I really have nothing to lose at this point. See what I'm made of. So what do I offer? I want to be the motivator, the guy who can help his club achieve bigger and better things. I want to set the example, first one to show up at practice and the last one to leave.

I've talked to a few GMs already and have had great conversations with all of them. I really mean it when I say I'd be happy to play anywhere. I don't know a lot of people here yet but I'm looking forward to the coming seasons. Whether I'm joining a winner or a team on the mend, or a team just starting out, I'm going to enjoy my time anywhere. This class is absolutely stacked and I think we are going to be one that's looked back on fondly. Like this is when the league changed. Happy to be a part of that. Best of luck to everyone on Draft Night, wherever we all end up!