Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 02:52 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 2, Chapter 6 Words - 441
Squall sat comfortably on a seat inside the Dome, hands connected as he seemed too entertained by the action happening in front of him, even if things hadn't really started yet. To his left, sat his traditional partner, one Mike Rup; while he was flanked on the right by Ginger's friend, Jiro. Near them was Ginger, who looked rather curiously at everything and the team of schoolgirls Squall had managed - a treat of his for their recent win.

Mike: Woah... so this is... what is this, again?
Jiro: Joshi puro.
Squall: Women's professional wrestling. Ever heard of it?
Mike: Uh... yeah, ain't that fake, though?
Squall: Look at it as a play and not as a sport, you'll enjoy it that way.
Jiro: Oh, also, thanks for bringing Ginger and me along, Mr. Vercetti.
Squall: Eh, no biggie. I already had promised these girls I'd treat them to something if they won their big game yesterday... and they did. Plus, Mike here could use the adventure.
Mike: ...Wait, what do you mean by that?
Squall: Shhh... Hold on, they're starting the show.

Music and lights filled the dome as the participants of the first match were given a proper announcement and time to make an entrance. It seemed to be a duel between teams of two, the first team featuring a pair of ladies dressed as ninjas and the other team clearly evoking some Americana feeling.

Ginger: So, Jiro, who's who?
Jiro: The two on the left are the Kunoichi Twins, they're Yama and Ibuki. They've won their last five matches after debuting last year. The other two are Dixie McGraw and Miss Texas, they lost the title last show and they're trying to bounce back with a win against a team with momentum.
Squall: You know a lot about this, hm?
Jiro: My sister's training in this company's dojo, she keeps telling me about things.
Mike: Wow, they're pretty acrobatic, huh.
Squall: Yeah, that's half of the allure of it. Yumi told me about this, checked it out and I liked what I saw.
Mike: Speaking of, watch out!

One of the Ninja Twins leaped out of the ring, aiming at one of her enemies but failing to land on them... landing instead on Squall's lap. While the schoolgirls jeered and the crowd laughed, Squall did his best to make sure she didn't get hurt.

Squall: Oi, lady, you think you can go back?
Ibuki: Ugh... Yeah, thanks. Good catch.

She leaped in front of him, landing on the ropes of the ring before splashing against Dixie on the ground, flashing Squall a thumbs up before going back to the match. Mike nudged him.

Mike: What was that all about?
Squall: No idea.

He then flashed Mike a grin.

Squall: Was that fake, though?