Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 01:04 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.J. Szydlowski: Uncovered Pt. 1
As the writer of a Football blog (real Football, not fake American Hand Egg which I have to clarify quite often after people ask me how I think the Patriots will do this year) I'm always on the search for new talent so I can brag and say I was there on the first day, and my journey today brings me to the town of Duluth Minnesota on the hunt for a one C.J. Szydlowski.

My first stop was at the Szydlowski family home where I was greeted by C.J.'s mother Mary, she was the one who had reached out and asked if I could do a story on her son, at first I was hesitant but when I learned it wasn't very far out of the way from someone else I was going to check out I figured it was worth a shot. She told me she wasn't sure where C.J. was but that he'd probably be back soon. I figured I'd use this chance to learn a little more about C.J. and how he got to where he is.

When did C.J. first start to play and why?
"As a kid he really idolized our neighbor's son who was on the local college's hockey team, C.J. had always said he wanted to be a hockey player back then but he just could never feel all that comfortable on skates, it really devastated him, but a few weeks later he came up to me and said he reckoned that soccer was just like hockey but you run around on grass and that he was gonna be a soccer player instead."

Is there any specific player C.J. looks up to or models his game after?
"I'm really not too sure, he was gotten real shy about it up until as of late, like he was a little unsure if this is really the path he should be taking, but just recently he had met a guy who had told him to go and declare for the SSL draft."

After hearing that last bit I was intrigued I'd heard of the SSL but I hadn't closely followed it. The thing that intrigued me more was that I wasn't the only one on this trail. Unfortunately it is getting late so soon we will release a follow up story on this that covers more details about C.J. and his future in the SSL.

CODE
401 words