Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 00:36 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The heresy has been transfered to Egypt
A bit late, but still relevant news regardless. The lord of heresy, Elmis The Heretic managed to be drafted to the SSL league! In fairness, it was a tough job to go undrafted as there weren't enough players for all 4 rounds. But hey, some team did believe in this bald head. To the surprise of some (but not mine) Elmis was drafted by the only team that scouted him. Cairo was in fact interested in having an insurance as they also wanted to lit a fire on Barflett. I don't know if they were successful at doing that, but they did make him...a bit nevous, to say the least. The last week interview saw him trying to avoid questions about Elmis as it's being clear that he won't get all the starter games this season. Matter of fact, there may be a chance one of them will have to leave this team as the news of yet another expansion is creeping on all of us. Only time will tell who will lose the battle of Cairo goalkeeping position.

Also, I did find it interesting that he never was mentioned by another of his teammate in his article. In fact, his fellow draftee who was the first Cairo pick. Did he forget about him since Elmis only went 39th overall? Or there is something else happening? Who knows...Needless to say, the locker room wasn't overly welco.....ok no, this would be a yellow journalism lies for the sake of controversy. The battle of Cairo starting goalkeeper position is on, but nothing controversial on locker room. More like GM is now going to figure it out who is more deserving out of these two and I'm assuming we will know all the answers following this season.

By looking at the locker, the hopes are there. Last season they were dead last, but looks like the team is now poised to make a big jump to the mid/higher echelon. Players are having a positive thoughts about the upcoming season so let's see if this attitude will be transfered into their performance.

Oh yeah, Elmis made a debut in the pre-season game against London and already posted a clean sheet. Granted, it was more about the team suffocating their opposition, but hey clean sheet baby!