Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 10:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Debut
So I made my regular season debut against Cairo earlier this week. They rested me for the Sydney game but I'm not sure how much good I would have done honestly. But as for my debut, I'd say I did ok? I didn't make any crucial mistakes, had one foul, but didn't cost my team the game. We were in it most of the time and rallied to come back but couldn't get it done in the end. My passing was fairly on point and I hung in there for the full match. It was tricky but I'd definitely say I feel like I belonged which was more than I expected. As I said last week there is nowhere to go but up for me, and the team as a whole really. I think we should bag our first win soon and that will help build our confidence.

It's clear that I have the fundamentals down but I definitely need some work physically, and mentally. I could have made a few better decisions out there and could have won a few more headers. While I doubt it would have turned the tables it's something I clearly need to improve on. It's good to have direction like that.

I should be back in the lineup against Paris and I'm anxious to see how that goes. I'll probably be seeing some time closer to the back too if they need to put three back there but I'd say most of my play will come from midfield. I'm just looking forward to mixing it up again. It's just a matter of time before we start picking up wins and hopefully our hole won't be too deep and we can move up the table a bit. I'll just keep grinding though. Have to get ready for the match now, hoping we deliver today.