Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 03:58 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fantastic Turnaround From Tokyo SC
This is I think the first article I will have written for my weekly tasks, and I had no idea what to write about. Then I got to thinking about how good of a season my own team, Tokyo, is having, and I figured that would be a great topic to write a bit about.

It is certainly an interesting turnaround for a team that has been consistantly underperforming in seasons past. I can't say much for seasons 1 and 2 since I wasn't around for those, but a quick look at the standings put them in second last place for both. I do know that there was a cup victory in there somewhere for the team, which is admittedly a significant accomplishment, so it wasn't all bad.

Season 3 was my rookie season, and heading in it did feel like we could do a bit of damage, but it fell apart rather quickly after some early losses left us with a lot of catch up to do in the standings. The team closed out the season in better form, scoring some wins against the likes of Catalunya and Cairo City, as well as holding the defending champions, Hollywood City, to a 1-1 draw. This late season push gave us something to work with heading into season 4.

At this point its history, Tokyo SC had a combined record of 11W 7D 24L, with a goal differential of -37. But there was some hope heading forward. On top of the stronger second half to season 3, Tokyo still had a good core that was continually improving and a great management team. Add to that a great S4 draft class that added some rookies, Gary Hog, and João Morelli, who could contribute immediately, as well as the addition of Yannick Visser from the S3 draft class, and we had some hope of turning things around.

After dropping the opening game against Catalunya, Tokyo has gone unbeaten in 10 straight league matches. The two S4 rookies so far have scored a combined 14 goals, and Sky Ryze has added another 8. Defensively, the team has allowed only 10 goals in 11 games, and the goelkeeper Kody Hill has a league leading 7 clean sheets. Through 11 games, Tokyo has a record of 8W 2D 1L, good enough for 1st place in the league. Regardless of how this season ends, it has been a fantastic recovery for a team that historically had not had much league success, and they have set themselves up for continued success heading forward.

425 Words