Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 01:49 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dobby Roobe Story
Hello, my name is Dobby Roobe and I like to play soccer. I started playing soccer when I was just a wee lad growing up in the vast, unspoiled wilderness of Mongolia. I quickly fell in love with the game and knew that it could be my ticket out of the harsh winters and bitter isolation that I experienced growing up. I would spend all of my time practicing all aspect of my game in hopes that it would pay off with a college scholarship to a great school in America. After all of my years of training I became the number one ranked soccer player in my country and started from hearing from colleges in the United States. After many months of visiting schools and talking to coaches, players, and most importantly my family I made the decision to enroll at Clemson University. It was very difficult for me coming to America at first. I had never been away from home for so much as a vacation and now I would be living over 30 hours from home for the next four years of my life, at least. My first season at Clemson was not what I expected, we weren't a very strong team and ended with a final record of 7-9-1. It was very disheartening. Had I moved all this way to be a part of a bad program? I was very intent on improving and making sure our team did too. I led the team in workouts over the offseason and we worked the hardest many of my teammates had ever worked before, and it paid off. The following season we went 18-2-2. A far cry from the season before. We unfortunately lost our conference championship, but still got a bid to the NCAA tournament where we made it to the semifinals before a crushing loss to Stanford. The following season was a strange one because of the Covid-19 pandemic, but we still had another strong year but once again lost in a heartbreaker in the NCAA tournament. I knew I didn't want to experience this heartbreak again so once again I pushed our team to the limits to get us ready for what would be my last season. As the season progressed things were going well. We were playing great and looked to be cruising to a conference championship. But then we suffered a stunning defeat in the semifinals. I was worried that was the end of my career but thankfully we received a at large bid to the NCAA tournament and from there it was on. We played our hearts out and won 5 straight games and became national champions. It was a perfect ending to my college career. And now I am here, a free agent with professional aspirations hoping to be drafted to the SSL.

CODE
472 Words