Forum Clock: 2024-10-01 20:45 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver arrested in Greece
Soon after being drafted by Athenai FC, Christian Silver said goodbye to his friends and family and got on a plane to Athens, Greece. Shortly after arriving and having his first ever training session and press conference with the team, Silver decided that it would be fun to check out the amazing Acropolis Museum.

The fun times and experience did not last long, however. Shortly after entering, Christian was arrested for attempting to smuggle out one of the major displays of the museum when leaving: a statuette of Athena Promachos. When questioned by authorities and museum security, Silver did not have a proper explanation for these actions: "Listen, one moment I am here enjoying the histrory of Greece, next thing I know I being tackled on the ground by a bunch of angry guys that are shouting for me to stop walking out of the museum. Maybe I accidentally forgot that thing was in my pocket, so what? It's not a crime. Oh, it is? Oh god".

There has been no official word by the club on Silver's actions. It is currently unclear if this incident will influence his position at the club and if there will be any other action taken towards the player. Experts agree that there should be some message and possible punishment. Former manager and current pundit, Jose Mourinho commented on the whole ordeal saying: "Unacceptable, absolutely unacceptable. Time for a fine, big punishment. A very bad player for sure".

The very first season of the SSL will be starting shortly, with 6 different clubs looking for a chance to be called the first ever champion. With any luck and possibly a lot of team legal help, we will get to enjoy the creative midfielder's abilities this upcoming week instead of possible long suspensions and punishments. It will be interesting to see if this behavior is repeated and what would happen if Athenai FC realize they drafted an absolute wild man.