Forum Clock: 2024-10-01 20:50 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Chapter 2 Words - 365
Squall sat alone on a couch, placed right in the middle of the main room. It wasn't a lively day at St. Matthew's Orphanage - it was actually snowing outside - but by that point, the defender was just looking forward to leaving the place. To his side, laid a suitcase with all of his belongings, including clothes and paperwork. He had sat down after being done gathering everything to take a breather and also to see the first round. He didn't have many expectations about the draft but he assumed that he should at least gather some knowledge about whoever was picked in the first draft.

Yet, the time for the sixth pick came. The words "Tokyo SC selects... Squall Vercetti of New York City" actually caught him off-handed. He knew he had to have gotten the scout in a bit of a shock but he didn't know he had done that much damage. A ginger lady quickly sprung from another room, handing him the telephone just to make him sure that he wasn't being pranked. He had something he hadn't seen in a while on his own face, a smile. He was off to play in Japan for a living, a new start away from the issues in New York.

Once he was done, he made sure to pass by the ginger girl, grinning all the way.

Ginger: I take the interview thing did the trick, huh?
Squall: Damn right. I'm off to play soccer in Japan... Imagine that.
Ginger: Hope you don't get into too much trouble, Squall. Remember what happened last time.
Squall: Shockingly clear. Crystal clear, no less. I'm not planning on jeopardizing this ever, if possible.
Ginger: For real?
Squall: Yeah. It's my chance out of this life, isn't it? Might as well make most of it.

Squall grinned, giving her a good-bye hug before heading off. Ginger was the daughter of the lady who ran the orphanage and he was used to her like good friends, so it made sense for him to at least behave nice with her. As for the league itself, all he could think of was finding ways to make sure Tokyo didn't waste that pick. Something he was very keen on doing.