Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 13:53 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week Starting 11
GK -Borey Barflett- Paris
User guku’s SHL player was in the same S67 draft class as my player, so we are forever united in that regard. Guku beat me to the puch in the SSL starting back in S3, so they have a bit more experience in this league. Borey is a solid all-around keeper with strong reflexes, reach and handling. Expect him to eat up a bunch of crosses and lock down the goal for this team.

LB- Adam Knight
It’s me. I’m putting myself on my team. That’s all.

LCB- Eirlys Snooks
Aleris is the GM of the British Isles WJC team in the SHL, of which I am competing on. His player Eirlys Snooks is a pacey CB with great tackling, positioning, and marking. He will form a dominant CB pair with our next player…

RCB- Spack Jarrow
Jarrow’s SHL equivalent is an alum of my SMJHL team the Anchorage Armada where he was a legend. Jarrow is another athletic CB, using his size, strength, and speed to overwhelm opponents. Jarrow and Snooks are a formidable tandem in the center with their raw athleticism, which will help cover the weaker outside backs of Knight and Johnson.

RB- Gabe Johnson
Gabe is a legend in the Armada locker room, but his SSL player has been forgotten. He hasn’t been updated at all and is not that good in all honesty. He only gets on the squad for his SHL contributions.

CDM- Domenico Corleone
Full disclosure, I don’t really know Froste39. I just needed a CDM and I recognized the user despite having no real connection to them. In any event, Corleone is a strong defensive presence in the midfield. They have great tackling ability and are adept at reading the game and getting in position to cut out attacks. Coreleone will be integral in shutting down counters and keeping us on the front foot.

LAM- Aimo Tälli
Retu is the Co-GM of the Armada and helped me get drafted there. HE also recruited me to the SSL, so he earned his place on the squad. Aimo has elite distribution skills, with top notch vision, technique, passing and first touch. He will work in tandem with our next player to keep the offense working smoothly.

RAM- Laurent Gourcuff
Zema has an SHL player in the same draft class as mine and also is the Buenos Aires GM, so he earns a nod here. Like Tälli, Gourcuff is strong in distribution, but also brings some danger on set pieces. While defending certainly isn’t their specialty, Gourcuff is OK in that area and brings more than his running mate Tälli. Expect this dynamic duo to light it up.

RW- Leif Physt
CptSquall is a fellow S67 SHL rookie who was also drafted by the Armada. He was an easy include based on this. Physt has decent pace on the wing and is very solid in the air. His elite work rate and solid defensive ability will help take some heat off of RB Johnson. Expect Physt to cover tons of ground and be a solid contributor on both ends.

LW- Grayson Yates
Arctic and I are part of the same draft class in the SHL and SSL. While we are opponents in the SHL, we are united on Buenos Aires in the SSL. Yates has alright pace and while solid all around technically, they really shine as a dribbler. Expect Yates to take a few ankles hostage as he whips in balls from the wing.

Strike: Lochlann O'Rourke
Last but not least we have Legend and Lochlann O'Rourke. Once again, Legend and I are part of the same draft class in the SHL and SSL, although we are on different teams in both leagues. O’Rourke is a solid all around striker with no outstanding strengths to their game, but no weaknesses either. They have solid pace, good technique, and good finishing. My team will rely on him to bang in goals.

Hell yeah, go Armada go!
[Image: 5AfrEy1.png]

Damn snubbed from the boat gang
S4 - Yves Mathieu
S14 - Márton Szélesi