Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 13:49 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble In London
If you've spent some time looking at results for Inter London, you may have noticed a couple troubling things. First and most obvious: No wins. That's always going to make winning promotion difficult. The second most alarming stat would be that we are yet to score a single goal. We've thrown all kinds of shit at the wall and nothing has stuck. But is it because we are incapable of creating? Not getting our attackers in the right spaces? Poor overall? Maybe some of that holds true, but if you dive deeper into the stats, you'll see that luck has certainly not been on our side either. But everyone complains about luck. So, what could I show you to convince you that it could be an element in our poor scoring ability? How about our third shocking stat?

Inter London has hit crossbar/post 11 times.

Let that sink in. If half of those end up in the net, we're in a much different spot. Now, would that cure our defensive sieve? No. But I have to imagine that it would boost our morale at least a little. Tata and Le Tissier have obviously been working together, but it looks like we need to get the whole team involved in our meditation/strategy sessions. I do believe once we get that first taste of net as a team, our spirits will be lifted and we can get back on our feet to march toward promotion. We've certainly put ourselves in quite a hole, but it's not yet out of reach. Tata has talked to the coaches about anything he can do to improve the squad, including rotating around into different positions. He wants to be a player who can do it all, so while the team is struggling, he can take the time to explore different roles and figure out how he can best suit the team's style. He has full faith in the staff to get things turned around, and rumor has it, he's keeping a rabbit's foot in his shorts to help charm Lady Luck.