Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 02:45 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - Dogwood's 11 Theme Week
When it comes to a starting 11, you have to make sure you're checking all the boxes for chemistry, camaraderie, and flow. You can't just put 11 players on the pitch and hope everything goes well - you have to make sure everyone is going to gel together. I'm going to run a 4-4-2 with Dogwood Maple and Owen Forty Four up top. With their speed and instincts, we'd be scoring goals early and often. A truly dynamic duo who will be a menace for opposing players. In the midfield, I'll have Kuai Liang, Mikko Rashford, Ricky Bobby, and Bud-Lite "Large Box" McGuirk. An incredible combination of speed, dribbling, passing, and the vision necessary to help control the offensive attack. When it comes to defense, the fearsome foursome back there would be George Costanza, Jökull Júlíusson, Deedee Yoker, and Hun Possible. Good luck scoring on us! That's why I'm comfortable sticking with four on the back line instead of five - we will be able to shut down any offensive attack. Whether teams try to attack us down the wings, through the middle, or even with long passes, we'll be able to stop them in their tracks. Plus, when you have who I've selected for goalie back there, we'll be posting shutouts on a regular basis. In the net, I want Scott Sterling! Even if the opposition somehow manages to get past our defense and into attacking position, Sterling will use his incredible reflexes, speed, and athletic ability to stop anything that comes his way. In all, I just don't see how this roster doesn't dominate everyone we play. We have the attackers, the midfield, and the defense to be the best team every time we take the pitch. Plus, many of these players have either played together in SSL or other leagues so the chemistry will be there in spades. We simply cannot be defeated with this squad, no matter who we are up against. We can anticipate each other's moves and carry the team to victory.

(338 words)