Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:22 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 3, Chapter 2 Words - 349
Once again, he found himself at Koreatown, having just left the dojo from another day of practice. Squall had so far found this different grind (as opposed to what he already did for a job) rather curious. He didn't quite feel like he was reacting faster but while his reaction was not improving as much as he expected, he did feel there was a bit of a spark coming from it - the sort of thing that, if built upon, could benefit his skills in the football pitch. Still, the emergent thought of improving himself was only partial to him as he got into the mix of learning a fighting style - for it also taught him the sort of loyalty and respect he was still growing when it came to dealing with people.

Master Do-Yeong was straight-laced and very competent with the lessons he taught the defender though not as straight to the point as the old man he befriended before. Perhaps because the idea of learning a martial art required more than knowing specific skills but also strengthening oneself to properly perform them but Squall could tell he was going step by step. Still, he had already learned some kicks though performing them was still a bit sloppy when it came to pulling them off. Nothing that he could do during a game but enough to say he knew something.

As he entered the subway on the way home, he noticed two figures coming his way. The twins from the fansite seemed to be on their own way home and promptly noticed his presence.

Ichiko: ...Ain't you a bit far away from home, mister?
Kimiko: A-Ah, hello, Mr. Vercetti.
Squall: Yeah, you ain't wrong. I've been learning taekwondo after practice.
Ichiko: The team allows that?
Squall: Course, I wanna improve my reaction time, so that helps.

Ichiko then gave a look at her sister, which caused her to wince. She already knew where that was going.

(...)

Days later, Do-Yeong found himself somewhat shocked to see a pair of twins amongst his students. Squall let out a small chuckle when asked, having to explain all the hubbub.