Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 06:28 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - We love Goldenglutes and Hotdog
My theme week text will be mostly dedicated to GoldenGlutes, a well known sim league user and my connection with him though somehow limited to discord interactions led to so much more enjoyment for me online and also to Hotdog, another wlel known sim league user whomstve brings a lot of enjoyment to my online presence as well.

I first met GoldenGLutes as Nathan Explosion in the SHL, when I had decided to recreated after a 3 years disapearance or so. Casual friendship but not much more. This led to him and one of his friend to invite me to a very small Eastdside hockey manager community where we would play multiplayer game of this simulator I enjoyed so much in the past (thousands of hours). I met there very very fun people that would bring a lot of emotion from me. This went on and I took a bigger role in the community, kind of like a big brother/small brothers relationship which I learned to appreciate even more during the confines of the pandemic. Glutes, then got his own team in the SHL. I was already inactive (this is now 2020) because my player sucked but a recent engine switch and new ways to do made me gave it a shot. That Atlanta Locker room was full of people with whom I connected really easily, they would laugh at my joke (or cringe too) but overall I felt I could let go of myself. I recreated a new character in hopes to help that team win a cup but cup or not let's jsut say I take a lot of pleasure in our daily conversations, serious or not. This is also where hotdog comes to it. Hotdoge was PT director before being Gm and I really really respected this job. I tought he was funny. Then I met him on discord (him being my boss btw) and he was even funnier. He cares about every member on that team, will make effort to have conversation about anything with anyone and what they want to talk about. He works really hard helping everyone who needs advice, giving them cues for fantasy picks, player builds and much more. Him and Glutes built something great, greater than jsut a hockey team. They built a community, the newcomers are always welcomed and fitting in, and I like to tell myself that it is more than just having fun, it's virtual social life at it's best. (I still enjoy IRL social life don't get me wrong). All this from sharing a locker room 4 years ago with a random guy.

thats a man whos gonna win the cup
[Image: 8Ej55ed.png][Image: QCU8hz9.png]

Micool gunna win ALL the cups