Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 04:05 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THEME WEEK - Sim league idol
This theme week theme (sorry for the tautology) is pretty hard for me. As a person who is relatively new to sim leagues I haven't yet made a lot of strong relationships with people here. My first sim league is International Simulation Football League, which I started in April I guess. So I would like to talk here about my first GM from there, to whom I'm incredibly thankful.

Cpt Goosar was my first GM, who drafted me to our developmental league team, Portland Pythons. Our draft class was really big and full of player with potential, but Goosar and his co-GM managed to pick one of the best players out there, including me. In our first season together we took first place in our conference and went to playoffs. We lost there, but overall the season was successful, and our players took most individual awards in the league. Goosar was the person that created a really great atmosphere in the locker room. He helped to accommodate a lot of people for whom this was the first time in sim leagues, and turned them into active and high earning players. It was one of big reasons for me to invest emotionally into my player and sim league experience overall. Also my team played a big part in myself being drafted to senior league team, where I really wanted to get, Arizona Outlaws.
My second season also went very well, for my player individually, and for the team overall, albeit we once again stopped short of winning it all. But even after getting called up, I still visit my developmental team discord, and I'm happy to see that they are doing well in terms of activity and in game, thanks to his guidance.

The best part is that we are playing on the same ISFL team now, and Goosar is important part of that team too. Thanks to his player we won our first trophy in ages. And he is always there, maintaining a constant chatting in the locker room.

Should be 339 words.