Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 07:35 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S6 Theme Week- Sim League Idol
My sim league idol is for sure the goat Retuperkele AKA Aimo Talli AKA Luukas Lilja. As a user, Retu recruited me to the Anchorage Armada in the SHL and convinced me to join the SSL. I imagine he also played a role in getting me drafted to Buenos Aires as well. Retu is a great guy and I’m fortunate to have been in some locker rooms with him.

An absolute force of a user, Retu’s players in both the SSL and SHL are ELITE. Last season (S66), Luukas Lilja of the SHL won the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy as the league leader in points, tied for the Jay McDonald Trophy as the player with the most goals in the league, and won the Sarmad Khan Trophy as the league MVP as voted by the players. Lilja also won the S65 Challenge cup with the LA Panthers, further proving his value as a player.

In the SSL, Aimo Talli has been an anchor in the Buenos Aires midfield, constantly picking out dangerous passes and working with teammate Laurent Gourcuff to dictate the midfield and keep the Argentinian squad on top. In season 5, Aimo tied for league lead in assists with 6 while playing every minute for a squad that just missed promotion on the final day. Aimo looks to be a key piece to this team moving forward and will certainly play a big role in any promotion hopes they have. With a user like Aimo in the driver’s seat, I have no doubt in my mind Aimo will go down as an SSL and Buenos Aires legend eventually.

Long story short, Retu is the GOAT and it’s been a blast playing with him. Definitely my sim league idol, and I hope both Sean Davies and Adam Knight can reach the level of Retu’s players.