Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 23:15 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo in the Lyrics for 400 Alex
Do you like Music? I do. Today I am going to look at a handful of songs that mention the city of Tokyo, because that is the team that I play for here in the SSL. Well I did play for them last season, but I got loaned away this season, but I should be playing for them again next season assuming I continue to earn. Anyways, lets start off with one of my favorite bands, Glass Animals. You may know them for their smash hit Heat Waves which has been the song of the summer for like 3 summers now and you can't go an hour without hearing it on the radio. Well believe it or not, Glass Animals do have other songs, some of them better than Heat Waves, but for some reason big radio doesn't want you to know that. One of those songs is "Tokyo Drifting" ft Denzel Curry. Give it a listen it goes hard -> "Tokyo Drifting" by Glass Animals. Next up we've got another artist that you may hear on the radio these days. She really burst onto the scene over the last couple years and her name is Phoebe Bridgers. Her song with mention of Tokyo is actually called "Kyoto" which is another city in Japan. Its a decent little song and its got a quirky low budget music video which I think is like part of Bridgers appeal? Give it a listen here -> "Kyoto" by Phoebe Bridgers. Did you know that Imagine Dragons had a song called "Tokyo?" I sure didn't but then again it is a one word title, so it only makes sense that they would because if there is on thing Imagine Dragons likes more than anything else its keeping their song titles to one word. Give it a listen -> "Tokyo" by Imagine Dragons Remember Owl City? They had that absolute bop of the decade, "Fireflies." Well they've got other songs too. Here's one called "Tokyo" -> "Tokyo" by Owl City. Here's a throwback, Hilary Duff. Yup she had some bops back in the day including this little ditty, "Wake Up"... "London, Paris maybe Tokyo..." hop in your time machine here-> https://youtu.be/OguSuFENucg. Last but not least, how could we have a list of songs mentioning Tokyo and not include Iggy Azalea? We can't. She was in the fast lane from L.A. to Tokyo in her smash hit "Fancy." give it a listen here -> Fancy by Iggy Azalea. And there you have it 5 songs that feature the City of Tokyo.