Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:03 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Furious Chicken Part 2 - After the draft
Still remember the draft coming up, many of the other rookie all great players in their own right got chosen one by one until eventually at pick ten one of the two new teams got their first draft pick, then I heard kind of unexpectedly that I was going to be their pick, so that meant I actually managed to get a team in the Soccer Simulation League, and even better it was one of the two expansion teams which meant a chance of getting more than the in this league mandatory playing team. In the days afterwards I went to Schiphol airport ready to get on the 16-hour trip to Laos. Once arriving there it was obvious that Laos was one of the expansion teams. There were already some players but for a big part the squad still needed to be ready. Still, I am amazed at the facilities that were available even at a new team in the 2nd division of this league. Now it is mostly getting ready for the league, with the training started the coach instantly mentioned one of the weaker points of me as a player, the importance of pace especially in this league was not to be underestimated and I should put some time into learning how to adapt and become just as fast, if not faster, or learn to put myself into positions that would cause my pace to not be such an important factor, and here I was always thinking my pace was pretty good, I guess this is the difference between the Dutch league and one of if not the greatest league in the world, I mean even friendlies in for the teams in this league is within this league, just two more friendly until the first game where it actually counts will start.