Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 19:12 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Chapter 4 Words - 374
Squall had a large smile on his face as he went through the streets of Ueno and he couldn't wait for the opportunity to share his accomplishments with his friend. He strolled past the streets, only for his eye to catch something. An old lady was being robbed thanks to a motorcycle-driving assailant, who was now moving towards himself. The defenseman sighed, timing the jump just right before laying a high kick on the driver.

The landing was ugly, Squall wasn't a martial artist but he got what he wanted, the driver lost his balance and landed on a bunch of trash bags on the other side of the street. He was able to get the purse back and then bolt to deliver it back to the old lady, its' rightful owner. He parted with a couple of disjointed words of thanks in Japanese before going on his way.

Once he arrived at the park, however, he was actually greeted by the old man instead.

Narazaki: I heard you won recently, boy.
Vercetti: Oh, look at yourself, spoiling the fun?
Narazaki: Give me your eyes and I might be able to do just that.
Vercetti: Force of expression, old man.
Narazaki: Still, you sound... stronger. You gave a damn. Now keep at it, boy.
Vercetti: Whatever you say, master.
Narazaki: That's right, dear student. Now, where's that bread?
Vercetti: ...Fuck. Forgot.
Narazaki: ...You're kidding?
Vercetti: Nah, I had it on me but I saw an old lady getting robbed and... Ah, there we go, she's coming here.

The old man could hear some weak and familiar steps but soon, said steps stopped and they went in the other direction and fast. The bag dropped but Squall was able to pick it up quickly before any of its contents fell as well.

Narazaki: What happened?
Vercetti: The old lady I helped brought me the bag back.
Narazaki: ...Why did she leave in a hurry?
Vercetti: Uh... I don't know. She just looked at us, dropped it and went off.

Narazaki sighed.

Narazaki: I think I should be going, boy. Keep working your determination on it, you're sounding like a proper man but you still need improvement.

Squall handed him the bag, was answered with a nod and then the old man departed.

Vercetti: See ya later, old man!

The Canadian sighed. 'Wonder why the rush', he thought.