Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 03:05 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting the team down
Last week did not go too well for FC Catalunya and it feels pretty bad. Omni was a bit busy the last week, so I offered my help for doing tests and submitting tactics because of my experience from GMing Cairo City. After a few hours of testing, the 4-4-2 narrow diamond with a gengenpress playstyle seemed to work really well for us. The tactic resulted in Catalunya consistently beating or drawing with Tokyo, and beating Buenos Aires in the Cup. Unfortunately, those tests were very misleading. After inputting those tactics, we lost 3 straight games, eliminating us from the Cup and likely killing our chances at a league title. With 2 matchdays left, it is very unlikely that Catalunya can win the league, and it looks like we will be fighting for 3rd with Buenos Aires rather than battling with Hollywood and Tokyo for the top spot.

This really sucked, I had pretty high expectations for how we would play under the new tactic. My tests gave me excellent results so I was feeling confident that we would at least draw vs Tokyo, but they handled us. We needed to win by 3 to advance over Buenos Aires, which was unlikely, but I still expected a better performance from the team. The real killer was MD11 vs Athenai where we had the lead 1-0 with 2 minutes left, and Owen 44 scored in the 88th and 90th minute to win the game for Athenai. Talk about a ballbreaker.