Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 01:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A clean sheet Muunokhoi finds meaninglessness in 0-0
"So, Muunokhoi, your first clean sheet in division 2. How does it feel?"

"We ran like ants scattered by wind, failing to gather the ball for our hill. The ball cared as little for the hopes of any player as it did for the wind itself. I did not feel the ball was hearing my will any more than anyone else's."

"Montreal controlled the play a fair bit, especially in the first half. Does any moment stand out as a real threat to score?"

"No."

"How about when Selich hit the post?"

"The wind that blows in peaks above the valley does not move the valley."

"What?"

"Sorry. Not my first language. Not my second language. The post is not the twine. If you hit the thing next to your target, it does not matter."

"Were you anxious for a moment?"

"I... hmm... You used a word I do not know. Can you say that another way?"

"Were you nervous?"

"My body had nerves when my mother birthed me, and has had nerves every moment of my life since. Some doctors say you have nerves even before you are birthed, but I am a soccer player and do not know. I did think a moment for the the post. But then I realized quickly the post needed no sympathy for me, as it was not made of a tree like the goals I first played in as a youth. A wooden post deserves sympathy because of the tree it was before. But a post made of metal has no meaning."

"What did this game teach you about yourself or Schwarzwald's play?

"I learned nothing. Goals teach me. Today I only applied lessons and watched men run like ants. As for Schwarzwald, I learned we are able to run like ants."