Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:50 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Shore United struggling
With 3 Academy Matchdays in the new format finished, it is time to take look at the statistics so far and make some remarks about their level of play.

As most content is about the Div1 and Div2 I feel that the new Academy teams get overshadowed a bit, which is sad, because obviously a lot of thought and time has went into their designs and Academy is striving to be that exciting slope into the real action for new people on this site.

Without further ado I shall cover the struggles of North Shore United, the team my player currently plays in while waiting for his chance with SFV.

First things first, NSU has been underwhelming. They tied their first game scoreless against an equally weak looking Atletico even though they outshot them 16-5. Defensively it was a great effort, but offensively they definetely lacked a good Poacher as none of the many attempts found their way into the net.

The second day was an utter catastrophe as NSU managed to get scored on 3 times by Victoria Falls even though Victoria was one man down early due to a red card.
The 0-3 was the worst performance of NSU so far and a real backbreaker.

Thankfully they kind of rebounded by reaching a 1-1 against Stockholm, coming back from a 0-1 score and showing admirable composure. It also was their first goal in 3 games.

All in all NSU really struggles offensively and might require a new tactical approach to cover their weaknesses as most of there TPE are accumulated into the defense. Maybe a Catenaccio approach and relying on set pieces with their strong physical defenders, scoring by headers might be the way to go for now until new offensive talent joins the Academy.

With matchday 4 on the horizon it will be interesting to see which path the team will take, embracing mediocrity, falling down to last place or making a rise through the ranks with a refreshed offense.

333 words
[Image: qCoEj3h.png]
Sig by Pandar