Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 10:57 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 1 End. Chapter 2 Start Del Pirlo stats & future
It’s been a rollercoaster of a week for Alessandro Del Pirlo, going from a tough loss against Victoria Falls in the last game of the season, to a joyful surprise in the SSL Season 13 Entry Draft. The Italian central attacking midfielder who spent the season with Stockholm Idrottsklubb finished with 4 goals and 3 assists, good enough to lead the active players where it matters most. Del Pirlo also led all players in distance run (284.4km) by almost a whole marathon, showing that his fitness levels truly are top of the charts.

In the draft, there was a slight surprise when Del Pirlo ‘slid’ to 3rd overall to go to Reykjavik United / Red Star Laos, with many experts having him in the top 2 players in their mocks. The Icelandic-Laotian franchise, winner in both divisions this past season, will be ecstatic to snag such a promising talent to lead the next generation to future trophies.

“I had good talks with all of the teams in the top 3 and honestly, I think I got selected where I fit best in the future.”

With the next season delayed a bit to give place to the World Classic, the next time we’ll see Del Pirlo he will be dressing up for the United Alpen regional team.

(216 words)