Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 10:59 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vercetti on the World Classic and Canada Words - 252
Taking part in one of the many media scrums related to the World Classic, experienced Tokyo SC center-back and Canadian national team member Squall Vercetti was questioned regarding to how he sees the tournament and how he expects his team to perform.

"Well, I've had national team experiences in the past when it came to playing for my native Canada despite my backstory and, more specifically, my family's past so I'll have to request that you comprehend where I'm coming from when I say that I'm more curious than excited about it."

When asked to elaborate, Vercetti tried his best to put everything on better terms.

"Do not misunderstand me, I appreciate international play but I can't quite follow what exactly we're supposed to prove. I take it's a league-wide event and not something akin to playing with the best players of my country. It also feels a bit off to play against makeshift teams but I suppose this was the best they could reach."

He then shrugged.

"I don't find it very fair for us to be playing against those makeshift teams, nor do I think the US will be particularly challenged at any rate. Still, we'll go along with the ride... I mean, I can't exactly refuse to participate, can I?"

He would also be asked about the idea of retirement, something he has been flirting with for the past couple of months.

"Well, it's closer than before. Expect something sooner rather than later. My heart's still on it and I feel like I can still go."