Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 10:01 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginning of the season looms by.
The beginning of the season is looming by, as the SSL Universe gets ready to put on a show for lovers of football yet again. With the first academy games beginning at the 13th of January, Misagh Khabiri couldn't be any more eager and ready to get started.

After weeks of preparation to get ready for the season, Khabiri has been assigned to Sydney City's academy team and wants to show the world what he's capable of. He had this to say earlier today about it:

"I'm happy to be playing for Sydney City and showcasing my abilities to all the scouts watching. As everyone knows I could've kept playing pro over at Sweden but I felt SSL was calling my name, and the right place to be so I do not regret my decision to start playing here. All I need to do now is to have my skills do the talking."

"My whole life I've been told you've started football too late, you're too old to become anything worthwhile in football, best thing you can do is get a nine to five or study to be a coach, but I'm here to prove them wrong. I've only played football 3 years but I want to showcase just how good I really am."

Some big words from Misagh here but he'll now have to back them up on the pitch. Will he manage to or will be another flop as most late-starters of football usually end up being? We'll have to find out!