Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 18:28 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aimo Tälli out of Klubi-04
Following with the lack of minutes played in general, and the disagreement of playing position, and training focus, Aimo Tälli has been kicked out of HJK's academy team, Klubi-04. Recent free agent on the market has received offers from many teams in the finnish championship league, but has decided to commit to international league, SSL. We are here today with Aimo for a quick break down of this incident and how his choices are going to impact him

What exactly happened with you and the coaching staff with Klubi-04?
The thing is, I worked really hard to be in the starting line-up, but the coaching staff disagreed because I "was not fit for my position". They wanted me to be a defensive midfielder, which makes absolutely no sense, given the fact that I have always been an attacking player with great creativity and vision to give passes to other attackers. We had a talk with the head coach of Klubi-04 where I made my stand, which he did not agree on. Long story short, I got booted out of the academy the very next day

You did receive many offers from the finnish championship league, most notable one being Ilves who are contending from season to another. Why did you turn back that offer and why did you decide to pursue an international career instead in SSL?
From my point of view, the coaching staff in Finland are very narrow-minded. They have no other vision other than their own, which is why the developement in finnish football is very slow. There is no other way to play the game than what the coach says. Of course that is true, but there should be other ways to tackle down the issue.

I decided to commit to SSL solely because of the international aspect. You have many great coaches from different countries, who have their own cultural approach to football, so there is never going to be "the one and only way". You also get to travel more, which is what I really love, but playing ball comes first.

347 words