Forum Clock: 2024-07-06 09:40 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 2, Chapter 4 Words - 305
Unlike most times, Squall Vercetti was sitting put on his living room's couch. Ginger was by his side, feasting on chocolate sweets. For the first time ever, he had managed to catch a game of the Canadian national football team... but a thought kept nagging on his head. Namely, because Ginger wouldn't shut up about it.

Ginger: Hey, Squall, when are you gonna play for the national team?

Squall observed the screen for a bit before looking at Ginger. He was actually surprised this came up for a change but he knew exactly why they weren't being called up for international games... Bureaucracy.

Squall: I can't.
Ginger: Oh, you're not good enough?
Squall: Oi, you calling me trash?
Ginger: Then why aren't you playing?
Squall: Well, we can't. Like we. In the league. We can't play for the national team.
Ginger: Why?

He sighed, trying to remember the exact legalese on the papers he signed when he started.

Squall: The league wasn't accepted by FIFA, so we're technically...
Ginger: Outlaws?
Squall: Well, not technically bound to our contracts, actually. Either way, as long as I play in the SSL, I can't get a call-up... and I think that's the case for everybody in it, come to think of it.
Ginger: Hmmm... and would you take the chance, if you got the possibility to play?

Squall looked at the screen for a bit, before looking back at her.

Squall: Nah. I'm cool where I am. Maybe in the future, when I've had enough of here.
Ginger: You think you'll ever have "enough" of this?
Squall: Hm. Wouldn't you want to know, eh?
Ginger: ...Well, yeah, I do.
Squall: Eh. Maybe. In the future, possibly. I like it here. Besides...

He shrugged, adjusting himself on the couch.

Squall: Haven't won the league yet. Dunno why but I feel our chances of doing that are gonna be pretty high soon, y'know.
Ginger: Heh. How so?

Squall chuckled.

Squall: I'll figure it out.