Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 01:34 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I wish I knew as a manager pt 4
I wish I knew how much a pain simming was and how inconclusive it always seemed to be. This weeks article won't actually involve anything to do with simming but just generally getting to simming.

Simming is one of those things that is inescapable for a successful Sim league team. If games are decided by a foot here and a foot there than simming is how you learn to squeeze a few inches from your players.

Now first off you need a legal copy of the game. This is a barrier to entry for people and there are options for managers to submit tactics that don't need the game itself so its not 100% necessary. However, for the intent of this article lets assume you want to sim. You need a legal copy because the match engine changes a lot year by year and patch by patch. The pre-winter patch I know murdered a lot of attacking concepts and basically neutered the inverted roles (IW IWB IF). This last one fixed the inverted roles and tweaked the Carello a bit.

The game costs about $55 and goes on sale once or twice a year. Currently, on steam it costs $37 on a sale until April 21st. Getting a sale on FM comes a few times per year. Another option I would personally suggest is Xbox game pass. As of writing this its $1 for the first month and then $9.99 for the month's afterward. It has FM 22 and a list of a lot of other games to play. For the equivalent of buying FM 22 right now (if it wasn't on sale atm) you'll get 6 months of playing FM 22 and a host of other games. That puts us at October where the next FM is going to be announced and the new one will be close to coming out. As FM 22 is on Game pass I'm confident enough to say that FM 23 will be on it. I don't know if the league is going to switch to FM23 but I really wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Now that we've got an explanation of how to even approach simming next week I'll cover how to set up how you can sim. I'm not under the delusion that I'm the only one who knows these things but at least it'll be out in the open.