Forum Clock: 2024-07-11 16:04 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I wish I knew as a manager pt 6
Alright, lets get into the actual simming part of simming. And by that I mean we're going to actually sim now.

Now the principles you need to remember about simming at the end of the day is efficency and pace. You need to run as many sims as possible to get more reliable understandings of the changes you make but you need to be efficent with how you collect that data in order to lower the ammount of sims you need to do to get a more complete understanding of the changes you make.

Now everyone is going to have their own quirks on how they sim but I think I have a system thats something to build off of.

Alright so you have your copy of FM22. You have downloaded the latest sim file released for the league. This is not the end for you however. Sometimes the league doesn't remember to maximize morale, take out suspensions, maximize familiarity it does for the televised streams. This does effect what happens but you cannot change this as well as to know that the other teams have the same issue. Load up the save file (we cover where to put the file in the last part) and the first thing that I do is to go to all the teams that are not your team and the team you are faceing next, then retire those managers. This will keep things smooth and fast. continue on the timeline until you reach the point where the top left button does not say "continue" anymore but rather says "tactical instructions". This is where you want to hit the slightly to the right button and click "save as" to make your own new save file. name it something special and then go into the save file and copy paste it somewhere else to backup your new file. once you do so it will always come back to the point where the top more left most button will say "tactical instructions".

Now you start running through games. At the end of the game reload the save file you just created and then play the game again. congratulations you are now simming.

Next week I will end the "how to sim" arc by going through all the different ideas to make simming better. I've got a lot of them but more than that I'm going to really be rambling on and on and on about things. You're going to see someone who has opinions on things you didn't know people really cared that much about. You're going to see me rant about CONCACAF Baseball hockey american football basketball MLS team of the week voting (seriously why isn't DSC getting more nods despite posting the best xg-xga by a mile in this league while standing behind a defensive line that is more makeshift than a Stompa) Statistics in general XG in specificity.

Till then any questions comments ideas are all very welcome.