Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 19:08 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I fight
I remember specifically the first game of football I ever watched. It wasn't on television or in some giant stadium. I don't even think it was recorded in any way. My dad had left me in a park for a few hours to go do.... now I really don't remember what he left to go do that's weird, but anyway it was an organized game of some sort with refs and everything. I saw this one player that just ran around doing everything he could in those 90 minutes he was given. His team didn't win and they gave up three goals without scoring any in return It wasn't remotely even close of a game and looking back the guy was really bad at everything he tried to do. But I remember the faces of the players right now more than the face of the guy who just handed me this bottle of water I'm drinking from. Every time anyone on the other team got the ball the first thing they did was to check where this guy was. Where this guy was coming from, how close this guy was to them, and if they had anyone to pass it to away from him. Anytime they didn't see him they whipped their head around to try and find them. Any time they didn't see him in time or didn't even check, he was there to ruin their day. He wasn't fast enough, strong enough, smart enough, technical enough to win any of the challenges, but to him, it never mattered. just chipping the ball out of their control was something that helped his team out. Even knocking the ball off the field was what he was something he loved and the players on the other team hated it. I don't know who that guy was, where he ended up, or even if he was any good at all actually. He was happy and I think that's all that matters at the end of the day. I want to be happy and this is how I know to be happy.