Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 18:42 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fresh Face
As the names start rolling in and the league starts to prepare for the draft. All of us prospects have the same question on our minds, how do we get noticed? What can we do so we stand apart from the other fresh-faced and eager possible super stars?

That is the ultimate question to most prospects, what is the magic answer. Some of the prospects benefit from family connects, friendships that span state and even international boundaries, and others are personally known by current league members. But for the rest of us? What is the way to do this?

Do I flood the conversations, try to make everything about me? Or do I try to strategically insert a profound statement here and there so others are impressed with my intellect? Or is the best approach to just sit and watch?

These league get-togethers are not only for us prospects, so we get to know each other, but so we can meet the managers as well. They put us in situations where we are constantly being evaluated but where we can evaluate the teams as well. There are new expansion teams, so these are complete unknowns, like us new players I guess.

We are getting here in time to watch the Championship match. I am going to miss it, my flight gets in too late. So by the time I get to the league facilities the new champions will be crowned. How will it change the face and direction of the organization? How will all of this impact the upcoming draft?

I have decided my approach is going to be simple, I am going to be me. Some conversations I will be eager to be a part of, while others, not so much. I wont go into what draws my interest and what doesnt, no need to get into that, people will find out.

At the end of the day, it is a draft, we go where we are selected to go. No matter where I end up, I want to do the best I can for my team, I will give 100% to my new home. I trained my whole life as a striker, Mo Salah, wow, what a player, who doesnt want to be like him?

I have been asked if I would be open to changing my training focus, my answer, what does the team need? Yea, I want to be a striker, but I want what my team needs even more.

Who is Otis Boudreaux? It will be up to the team who drafts him to help answer that question.