Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 00:29 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selich opens up about possible landing spots
Konstantin Selich is a S4 prospect that is about to enter the prospect draft of the SSL as a forward so he was asked a few questions about which teams he could see himself select him on the upcoming weekend. Here are some bits from that interview:

Selich:" Well I don't really have a preference in regards to where I want to be drafted but there are just a few things I'd like to see from the team that ends up drafting me which would be a decent contract and if possible even the rookie max would go along way since I would want to immediately reinvest that contract money into getting myself familiar with some traits that would be displayed on the field. The second thing I'd like to get from the team that drafts me is really just playing time, again preferably at the Striker position, ultimately I am fine tho with being played as a Shadow Striker as an AMC or an Inverted Winger/Forward as a AMR. I see myself more as an advanced Forward that is quite speedy while being a good technican, dribbler and strong finishing with good enough anticipation and off the ball movement to take advantage of my physical tools. I'd say one of my weaknesses as a striker would be my non existent aerial prowess I am sadly no Miro Klose in the air. Ultimately towards the end of my career I would like to be known as a more Complete Forward that can even put his teammates in dangerous positions with some lethal passing. But my main priority will always remain as the #1 goalscoring threat on the pitch once my feet touch the grass. Looking at some data that is publicly available it seems that one of the new expansion teams in Accra might be in need of a young striker that can eventually be the premier threat up front. Right now Tom Taylor might be enough to hold down the fort but it's evident that they will need someone who can replace him. Athenai also strikes me as a team that will have an immediate need at the striker position as all their strikers seem to have hit their peak and won't improve much more. Buenos Aires recently lost their premier striker to Paris but they have Governo that is still growing but might not improve as much as they initially thought. Catalunya might also be in the striker market as waiver pickup Mojo Rizing has recently slowed down a tiny bit in their development. League winner London also needs a striker after the departure of their offensive star Connor Azpilicueta to Cairo City. There is a also another wildcard in the mix with Seoul who still have Haruka Mayoi but they seem to have slightly stalled in their development so adding a young striker with a lot of drive doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities."