Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 02:40 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrik Svensson joins the SSL in Adowa Accra
A new player joins the esteemed teams of the SSL!

Henrik Svensson, a modest player that was born in Örnsköldsvik has recently had interest for him show up! The young right midfielder was picked up through the waiver system after first having CA Buenos Aires presenting a claim in hopes of it passing through. Not slow on the chance, one of the two newest teams found themselves interested from the interest. Enter Adowa Accra FC. Contacting Henrik Svensson fast as to be able to do some last minute scouting they found him pleasant enough for the interest to be mutual (not that Svensson would have had a lot of choice if Accra decided to claim anyways since they had the first spot in waiver priority).

The young midfielder apparently likes to be on the wings but is also prepared to take position inside the center or a more offensive role on the wing. He is supposed to be a pretty fast dribbler with speciality on delivering good passes. He reads the plays well, with and without the ball but the real strength is in his set piece. With a good eye (and foot) for both corners and free kicks, he is truly a talent you want on the field.

We spoke to the young man himself in a statement for what he thinks might have gotten the teams eyes on him:
"Well, there is not a lot of scouts up in Örnsköldsvik but I guess I must have gotten someone's eyes on me after all."
He laughs a bit before he continues:
"I never had a 'super season' I guess, just been playing solidly over a couple of seasons and I guess that since I am still young there is a lot of expectations on me! I did win the midfielder of the season twice in a row now, both for the local division but also the entire so that's pretty cool. What's even better is that the supporters of Friska Viljor (Friska Viljor FC is the youth club of Svensson, Ed.) voted me for their favorite player of the season just now as well!

We can only wait to see what this new young midfielder has to bring and we will soon see him dressed in the beautiful kit of Adowa Accra!

(383 words)