Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 21:45 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draper is a Mess
I was pleasantly surprised to be selected in the second round by Buenos Aries. Still trying to find my way around, it's certainly more overwhelming than I had anticipated. We had a rough go in our first pre-season game but the only place I have to go is up. I'm anticipating a rough rookie season but that's probably par for the course. My locker room experience so far has been fine. I've been keeping to myself which is just a natural thing I do I suppose. I want to get the lay of the land before I open up, just to see where everyone stands. We definitely have a solid side who is optimistic about the future.

I haven't really sent any goals for myself this season which is probably something I need to do. I suppose I just need to make sure I can hold my own, especially after talking myself up a little. I'm definitely a little homesick if I'm being honest. I'm a long way from the States and everything that's familiar to me. I definitely need to open up a little more, might help me around the rest of the team. Hopefully I can make a big splash during the season, show people what I'm capable of, that's how I always did my communication in the past. Let the results do the talking.

I've been told I'm a little timid on the pitch so far so that's definitely something I aim to work on going forward. I know what I can do and I can't let the other team boss me around. Hoping I can set the pace and tempo in the future, let them know that I'm here to stay.

I'm still a bit of a mess but hoping it all comes together.