Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 03:54 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surfacing
Stepping into unknown waters can be a challenge at times, but young defender Abdoulaye Camavinga is certainly eager to prove his worth to the football world. After coming through the youth ranks of German Bundesliga side 1. FC Köln, he is now a free agent and - according to media rumors - very close to signing a deal with a SSL team.

Highly ambitious and very raw in his skillset, it might take some time until Camavinga would crack the starting XI for his new team. He's got the sufficient length to be a defensive stalwart and the body as well. On the field, he sticks with what he's doing best - tightly guarding his opponents and nothing else.

Said Camavinga, "I'm aware that the start might be rough but I'm definitely willing to stick it out. This is the chance now to make a name for myself and I intent to capitalize on it."

As of the minute this is written, chances are high that he will end up with the expansion team Football Club Kaapstad. This would have him settle into the SSL's newly formed Division II - probably not the worst landing spot for Camavinga, as it'll allow him to get accustomed to the new league and environment organically. Kaapstad would be his first stint outside of Germany. "I wouldn't be opposed to stepping outside of my own comfort zone, playing somewhere I have never been to yet," he said prior to any Kaapstad rumors surfacing.

Wherever he does happen to end up, it's going to be an interesting journey to see whether he can manage to make his way into pro football and secure himself a place there in the long run. Any team taking their chance is in for a relatively low risk, high reward kind of gamble. Without a doubt, there could be worse bets to take.