Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 12:01 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S5 Theme Week: a Decent Starting XI (I hope)
Choosing a best starting eleven is tough for this league because there are many deserving players for each position. Also I don't really know every single player in this league so I'm just going off who I feel have put up the best stats and have good builds. I'm going with a 4-4-2 because I want to pick more than one striker and have a good coverage of every position. Full disclosure: I love soccer but I know nothing about tactics.

GK
Scott Sterling
There were definitely a few options to look at in net, I think Catalunya's Gunnarson comes quite close, but for me Sterling takes it slightly. Second highest TPE goalie, and he seems to be up at the top of the stats sheets.

RB
Yannick Visser
Yes, I'm trying not to be biased in my selections. But I also want to pick myself because it's just for fun anyway. I do feel like it's a decent pick regardless as one of the highest TPE RBs in the league. Also great crossing skills and some good speed up the wing should help this team out well.

CB
Spack Jarrow
At CB I like to have strong, shutdown defenders, and I think Sparrow fits that description perfectly. Great fitness, marking, positioning, can't go wrong with that.

CB
Squall Vercetti
Another strong defender at the back to compliment Jarrow, no one should be getting past these two.

LB
Deedee Yoker
Can't go wrong with 1104 TPE here. Also can't go wrong with the third most assists in SSL history. Another great passer on the left side.

CM
Henrik Lind
Throwing one of the best defensive mids in the league here to really make sure no one is scoring on this team.

CM

Helena Söderberg
The reason I'm putting Soderberg here is not because she scores often. It's more about how the goals are scored. Every time she gets one, it's an absolute rocket from outside the box. Those kind of goals are what keep the opposition on edge.

LM
Nico Fischer
So for my left and right mids I'm going for some offense, because we have enough defense on this team. Very speedy, great fitness, some good finishing, and puts up lots of assists. What more can you ask for?

RM
K Clamence
We need some more S1 players on this team because they have the highest TPE so obviously some of the best players. Clamence is high up the record sheets in both goals and assists. Also looks to have a very well rounded build.

ST
Owen Forty-Four
A best starting 11 can't be complete without this guy. By far the league leader in goals, absolutely prolific striker you cannot miss.

ST
Sky Ryze
I'm picking Ryze because he is an absolute giant of a man that scores off a lot of headers. With how many playmakers we have on this team it only makes sense to have a player like this up front.

And there you have it, a completely uneducated guess at the best 11 of this league!

That's a great team and probably way more well rounded than the one I made. Plus you have Spack Jarrow in there so how could it not be, right?
[Image: 5AfrEy1.png]