Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:25 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 3, Chapter 3 Words - 313
Squall stretched his legs while waiting for confirmation from the coach when it came to practicing against upcoming attacks.

Rup: Uh... Squall, what are you doing?
Squall: Leg stretching, Mike.
Rup: Y-Yeah? Why, though?
Squall: Well, I don't really want to strain it, for one.
Rup: Uh... huh.
Squall: And for another, I want to try a trick master taught me.

His teammate tilted his head somewhat before realizing it.

Rup: Ah, right! That's true, you did mention you were studying something. Just... try not to hit anyone, alright?
Squall: Oi, what do you take me for? An idiot?
Rup: Not at all, man, just trying to be polite.

As the ball paced towards them in an attempt of a through ball, Squall's foot flew through in a rushed fashion, rising high after it struck the threat forward. He then carefully lowered his leg, returning to the floor. Another attempt, now through the air, followed towards the box only to be cut down with another strong kick. His leap was short and the landing was near flawless. Mike chuckled behind him, shaking his head.

Rup: Man, that was pretty goofy.
Squall: Don't diss it just because you can't do it.
Rup: No, man, we've got to retain the ball sometimes. All you did was kick it away!
Squall: Yes. And given the rest of the team has brains, I suppose they can use that to start a counter-attack.
Rup: And what if they can't?
Squall: I will just have to kick it harder, I guess.
Rup: I don't like where that's going...

While alternating attempts, every try that came Squall's way was repeatedly replied with a strong kick forward, no exceptions. His will to power through any opposition remained sparking, each attempt slowly but surely getting closer to the midfield. Once they were done with training, Squall took notes of everything. He wished to be the equivalent of a cannon the defence could use and strength would certainly help that. But... how?