Forum Clock: 2024-08-03 05:53 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Zimmer Files for SSL Draft
While Season 5 for the Simulation Soccer League rolls on, anticipation is already building for the upcoming Season 6 Draft. Several players have already submitted their paperwork to take part in the upcoming draft.

One of those young prospects is American midfielder Kevin Zimmer. The player from Chicago, Illinois has impressed at every step of his young journey thus far, and now he sets his sights on professional football.

The decision to enter the SSL Draft is not one Zimmer took lightly, but he is ready for the next step of his career.

“It was definitely a difficult decision, but an exciting one,” said Zimmer. “Especially with some of the changes in recent years in collegiate sports here in the United States, with NIL opening up and such, there are a lot more opportunities for athletes coming out of high school.

“With that said, after consulting with my coaches and family, we felt like the best option was to take a chance on this and see how it plays out. It’s truly an incredible opportunity to play on a global stage, and hopefully I can impress someone enough for them to entrust me with a pick in the draft.”

Zimmer hopes to impress one of the 14 clubs that comprise the two divisions of the SSL, scattered across the globe. However, he says he has no preference on where he might land in the Draft.

“Obviously, it would be cool to say, ‘Oh, I want to play in Division 1’ or ‘I want to stay stateside and play for Hollywood’ or whatever. Certainly, those would be neat situations. But I’ll be just as excited to go to a Division 2 club and be a part of their promotion battle if that’s how the cards fall.

“At the end of the day, every kid who plays this sport dreams of being a professional one day, and I have that chance here. I plan on making the most of it.”

Good luck with the player!
[Image: BecVoHU.gif]