Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:19 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Felix Arasov rookie debut
The time has come for long awaited (at least by himself) SSL debut for Felix Arasov. Drafted by Cairo he expected to be a rotational player and occasional starter. This game he started at full back position on his natural right flank. The game was supposed to become an easy win for Cairo against rebuilding Sydney FC, but luck definitely was on the other side of the pitch this time. Cairo dominated from the start, but it still ended in the 2-2 draw. Let's look at some of the game stats: 18-3 in shots on target for Cairo. 58-42 in possession, 3.68 to 0.8 XG, 13-2 in corners, etc. So you can get why Cairo locker room was frustrated with the end result.

How did Felix Arasov play? I'd call his game pretty successful for a rookie in Division 1. Playing all ninety minutes he ended up with respectful 6.8 match rating, however, it was lower than average team rating of 7.3. Arasov was decently efficient in passing game, completing 62 out of 70 passes and 3 out of 7 crosses. While this passes didn't create some good chances, he still got credited with 5 key passes. Watching the game I could see that some of this crosses went to shot at goal, and that my player seems to have some decent vision, but of course a lot of work remains to be done. His biggest mistake was probably taking a long shot, his only one, getting the whole 0.03 xG from it. On his defensive responsibilities the main thing was not getting a mistake leading to goal. While from the stream of the first goal, he was near it, and probably could have done more, FM engine decided that he did enough. Arasov missed his sole header, but that's whatever, he will be bad in aerial department for quite some time. Otherwise he also did decently - won both his tackles, had an interception and didn't foul all game long.

Sadly, Arasov second game, 45 minutes against Sao Paolo is not on the index yet, so I can't give a detailed report on it, but from the stream he did what I expected him to do. Aside from the end result I'm satisfied with my players first game and look forward with some optimism.