Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 00:10 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme Week - Dogwood's Sim League Idol
I first got into sim leagues with the ISFL and then gradually expanded to PBE, SHL and then over to this side and became an active participant in just about all of the leagues. Throughout all my travels, there's one user who I've had the good fortune to play with, play for, and interact with for the last few years. That user is zayn. He's a fantastic user, player, general manager, and everything in between. I have been with him as a New York Silverback for more than a decade's worth of seasons, joined him in Carolina when the WSBL was still active, and was a Death Valley Scorpion with him in PBE. At every stop, he was engaging, welcoming, and patient. Throughout my time in sim leagues, I've come to value those traits more and more. Of course we all want to win, but the true value of the sim leagues is the friendships we make, the fun times in the locker rooms, and all of the camaraderie we share on a daily basis. Zayn has checked all those boxes and then some. If my career as a user turns out to be similar to his in any meaningful way, I'll consider it a career worth having and be more than satisfied with the mark I would've left on the league. I don't know that I've come across a single person who didn't have a glowing review of him and it doesn't surprise me one bit. It's hard work being a GM but he is able to walk the line of making sure everyone has fun with trying to do everything he can to bring home victory after victory. It's a job he's exceled at as far as I'm concerned and I've seen the evidence of it first-hand. No matter what you look for in a user, he surely checks every box. Great user, great person, and someone I'm proud to have been associated with in a number of different ways throughout the years.