Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:19 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 3, Chapter 6 Words - 412
For Squall, it seemed rather nostalgic to be hanging around with an old man but the circumstances were somewhat different than back when he joined the league. Unlike the thrown-around state that Narazaki was usually in, Kim Do-Yeong was a bit of a perfectionist when it came to dressing for such an occasion and the surroundings around the Canadian were proof that he was also keen on giving himself some sense of normality away from home. Instead of standing in the dojo and practicing, he was along with his master, some of the said master's family and pupils inside his living quarters. The twins from the fansite came along too, mostly because Squall insisted they showed utmost support to the Korean that had been so sympathetic to his cause.

Do-yeong: Squall, what makes you work towards football?
Squall: Master... I don't know if I can give you a full answer.
Do-yeong: Why is that so?
Squall: As you may know, I was a troubled youth. I hope this doesn't make you look down on me but... I wanted to no longer be a troubled person in life. Football got me here and got me into a sort of life I never imagined about.
Do-yeong: Like a phoenix, you could say?
Kimiko: Master's right, Squall- uh... I mean, Mr. Vercetti.
Do-yeong: A master has to have some knowledge of philosophy. I don't teach you moves without cohesion, after all.

The old man looked at them properly from under a hat and smiled.

Do-yeong: Still, to imagine three outsiders would be so keen to show up for my birthday... I hope you can excuse my suspicions.
Squall: It's fine. People usually ask me all that sorta stuff.
Ichiko: And you usually don't answer them all that much...
Kimiko: It's rough for Mr. Vercetti to speak about things, sister...
Squall: I guess I'm a bit of a coward.

He sighed, crossing his arms.

Squall: And maybe, now I'm sick of running from those things. But your birthday, master, it was important for us to come anyways. You helped me a ton and I try to be considerate to people who do that.
Do-yeong: There's still much for you to learn but I suppose that would be up to you.
Squall: ...You know.

He grinned in acknowledgement.

Squall: I guess I could learn more if you're willing to teach me.
Do-yeong: If you can handle it.
Squall: Oh, don't worry about me.

Squall let his arms loose, smiling. Kimiko showed a little smile of her own but neither caught attention to it.

Squall: I don't wanna be troubled again.