Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:02 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn Smart's Draft
Heading into the draft, I wasn’t too sure where I would end up, which is probably pretty standard for most players I guess. My initial thoughts were that I’d be a mid to late first round pick but there was a fair amount of late scouting that took place, with every team inside the top five picks showing some sort of interest but naturally playing their cards close to their chest. The latest of all the scouters was an expansion team, the Althetice Clava Romana. It felt like there was more interest from them than any of the other scouts, as they really took the time to instigate a proper conversation but with them having the 2nd overall and one pick much later in the first (9th overall), there was every chance that I’d end up going to Seoul before they could get me at a point that made sense.

There were a lot of mock drafts that had me at 4th or 5th overall, so I figured Seoul would be interested and they would have a shot at me with the 8th pick before Romana could get to me. Much to my surprise, Romana blew their 2nd overall on me (what a reach!) and took me off the board immediately. Completely unexpected but much appreciated. The idea of building up from scratch and helping the team to position itself within the league is very appealing to me!