Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SFV drafts a defender. Muunokhoi wonders about his new teammate
The team continues to get ever more international. I began my career as the SSL's first academy goalkeeper, playing with a mix of young players and zombies. And now we have a central defender from Scotland, Duncan Maxwell, wondering whether he too will head to the academy.

I wish him a hasty arrival in the Black Forest. Our defenders are a quiet band. The madness in Schwarzwald is clearly on the front line, our creativity in the attack. The further back you look on the field, the more you expect silence and discipline.

We have spent the sixth pick in the draft to bring in this man, and he rightly looks to see us rise to Division 1. He is said to be strong, and said to neutralize attackers.
I will admit I do not watch defenders - my game is with the ball, anyone else on the field is only influencing the ball or I.

It may be too far a step to make such a comparison, but I hope to find a kinship with this man's defending. Just as Mongolia's adversaries built the Great Wall to neutralize us (which failed), Scotland's adversaries built Hadrian's wall to hold them back, fearing their influence (Scots never took over Rome who built that wall, but their kings became kings of England, the nation on the other side of that wall, for a time).

Schwarzwald has a better defence; a barrier of great trees rather than masonry. Those whose fear obliges they waste effort building static walls before us have already lost.

I welcome my fellow warrior to Germany.