Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 19:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Chapter 6 Words - 319
After a training session, the club's head office decided that they should establish post-game activities with teammates. Unsurprisingly, the Canadian found himself being followed by a teammate, fellow centre-back Mike Rup. They did make for a fun pairing, both were unreasonably tall and while Rup was portly and had a far better background, Vercetti was the streetwise of the two, lanky but aware.

Rup: I can't believe the head office partnered me with ya, man. It's a perfect choice, y'know? We defenders, we gotta stick around.
Vercetti: I suppose so. Given we need to improve our teamwork, I suppose eating together would help. Dunno why they set us in pairs, though.
Rup: Maybe they want us to not attract too much attention.
Vercetti: We're two tall white guys in the middle of Shibuya, sir. We attract attention as is.
Rup: W-Well, I... suppose so, yeah. But like, where we goin'?

The Canadian pushed the door open, revealing a cat maid café. His teammate blinked and did an obvious doubletake before being basically dragged in by one of the waitresses. Squall grinned, following him out of his own volition while the waitress shot a barrage of words at him, trying to look as cute as possible.

Vercetti: Relax, Hina. It's my teammate.

The waitress stopped, looking at the Canadian before adjusting her bow.

Hina: So... he's normal.
Vercetti: As normal as a soccer player of the almighty Tokyo SC can be. Can you bring us some quality ramen, then?
Hina: Two chicken ramen bowls, gotcha. Anything to drink?
Vercetti: I'll have a Cherry Cola. And you?
Rup: U-Uh... A-Ah... I-I'll...
Vercetti: Guess he's just shocked that I know people here.
Hina: Understandable.
Rup: Uh... I'll have a Pepsi.
Hina: Got it. Will try to be back soon.

She then shot them a heart with her hands, smiling and peppering in some Japanese before leaving.

Rup: ...She's pretty.
Vercetti: Aye. But she's married and the guy plays baseball just near this place. Be careful.

He shot a similar gesture to him, grinning.