Forum Clock: 2024-10-05 02:36 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Jude #11 Greer Spotted at MLS Cup Final
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Even with preparations for the upcoming World Simulation Football Classic in full swing and the eyes of the world soccer media on the Simulation Soccer League, life goes on in the rest of the footballing world.

In England, the renewed assault of Arsenal, along with a resurgence of Liverpool and a dark-horse bid by Aston Villa, has made Manchester City’s hegemonic grip on the league more tenuous than ever. In Germany, Harry Kane and Bayern Munich trail surprise leaders Leverkusen, while Stuttgart mount an unlikely early title challenge of their own. Girona are pushing Real Madrid for the top spot in Spain, and Ajax seem to have finally steadied the ship after dropping to rock-bottom of the Eredivisie early on.

And in America, Major League Soccer crowned its 2023 champion on Saturday evening—with a familiar face in attendance.

Sporting a backward Cairo City-branded cap on his head and a huge grin on his face, Jude Greer, the Nashville-born left back for the SSL’s Cairo City, sat in on the season finale of the US’ premier division between Columbus Crew and Los Angeles FC, and by all accounts seemed to enjoy himself immensely.

“I love keeping track of the MLS,” Greer said at halftime from his seat in Lower.com Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. “Nashville got knocked out early this year, but next year’s our time for sure. Hope Columbus can hang on, meantime. I want an Eastern Conference team to win it.”

Greer would get his wish, as the Crew were ultimately victorious over LAFC in a thrilling 2-1 result.

Greer says he wanted to take a bit of time after a chaotic rookie season to unwind at home in the US. He did say he was looking forward to Sunday’s SSL Prospect Draft, though.

“Weird to think how that was me not too long ago,” Greer said. “Probably even more talent in this class than there was in mine.”

Asked to give his thoughts on who should be the first overall pick, Greer pondered for a moment before replying.

“Think it’s gotta be Zhihao Wang,” he said. “He’s really impressing me lately. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s that Del Pirlo guy either, though. And I think that one Bulgarian player—and I’m gonna get her name wrong, I’m sorry—Kamenova? Ljubica Kamenova? Yeah, she’s gonna be really good too, just watch. But I’m already looking forward to playing all of ‘em.”

Greer himself still sits at the center of speculation as to where his allegiances will fall during the WSFC. With more and more rumors claiming his head has been turned by Cymru a Lloegr, as well as some late reports suggesting he might seek Egyptian naturalization and claim eligibility for the United African Federation, the left winger made it very clear where his long-term future lies.

“I’m an American, after all,” he said, eliciting applause from a few nearby fans. “It don’t matter who I play for in this tournament. Even if I do switch this time, the next time won’t be the same, and when that happens I’m sticking it out with the Stars and Stripes. You can bank that.”

(523 words)
[Image: f3PLeZn.png]